30 Sep Jon Gupta- FFB newest member of the team
Jon is a professional mountaineer, BBC presenter & freelance writer. His first class expedition and guiding work involves him creating flexible and tailored programmes for clients, whether for a single day, a couple of weeks or a Himalayan trip. He enjoys creating personalised itineraries that are highly flexible to meet the needs of his clients – taking into account the ever changing weather conditions of the mountains.
Using functional training to prepare for expeditions has been key to Jon’s success as a Montane sponsored athlete. He believes that functional fitness gives your body the edge when it comes to conquering the ever-changing elements and conditions of mountaineering.
As well as his work, Jon has pursued other interests associated with the outdoors, including climbing, diving (PADI Advanced), road cyclist and skier, and has also developed a deep interest in high altitude medicine coupled with the soft skills and dynamics of expeditions. So if you’re looking to plan an adventure of a lifetime either with family, friends or for a corporate event, then Jon is your Man! Find out more about Jon on his website www.mountain-expeditions.co.uk
- Everest – Standing on the top of the world in 2013
- Peak Lenin – 1st British ski descent in 2014
- Ama Dablam – 2nd fastest speed solo 14 hours 10min & 3 Summits in 7 days
- Kilimanjaro – Speed ascent & worlds fastest female ascent (11hr 34min)
- Winter Alpine climbing in Chamonix – M6 Solar M5+***
- Mt Elbrus in Russia – 4hrs 50min Climb/Ski