15 Oct 5 Practical Weight Loss Strategies for Busy Mums
Making enough time for yourself to sit down for 5mins can be hard enough with children let alone having the time to exercise. But with just a few simple strategies built into your day, keeping healthy and loosing weight can be achievable and most importantly sustainable.
Here are 5 simple strategies that if used effectively, will cause weight loss and increased body confidence.
1. Plan in advance – This is probably the most important strategy you can use to find the time to workout. If you look at your diary in advance to see where you could realistically fit in a workout and pencil it in, then this will automatically commit you to the workout. This is why so many people use personal trainers in Bristol because it holds them accountable to that workout and time slot, making it much harder to skip workouts.
2. Stick to your plan – The second most important step in fitting exercise into your day. Once you have penciled in workouts within your diary, you must then have the honesty to stick to your plan. It is all too easy to say “I’ll do it tomorrow”, so make a commitment to yourself to stick to your diary, even if you have less time than you thought, “any workout is always better than no workout”.
3. Be prepared to be flexible – Leading on from the previous point, sometimes life just doesn’t go as planned! When this is often the case it doesn’t matter whether you cannot commit a whole hour to a workout, you need to be flexible in your mindset and approach. By having the attitude that “any workout is better than no workout”, you will start to put less pressure on yourself to exercise for long periods of time and actually just do what you have time for.
4. Do not promise yourself too much – Putting too much pressure on ones self to exercise 60min per day every day of the week is neither realistic or productive. You are setting yourself up to fail before you have even started, it is always more productive if you start small and build up as you become more familiar with your routine. Planning to do 10mins 3 x per week is far more achievable and realistic, and will not only build up your confidence but also create a habit forming routine, which will put you in good stead for the future.
5. Keep workouts short but effective – By using specific training techniques to target your fat stores and metabolism will ensure you make every minute count. If you only have time to exercise for 15mins, then you need to make damn sure those 15mins are effective and holistic in nature. This is where functional fitness really comes into its own, as it provides multiple benefits to the body. Some of which include; decreased fat loss, increased metabolism through improved muscle tone, mobility & flexibility of joints, core strength, decreased stress hormones, improved body awareness & balance & variety of movement.
If you would like to find out more about how using functional fitness within your workouts can help you, then please feel free to contact us for friendly help and advice. We also offer private personal training within our studio in Bristol, which is the perfect place to reach your goals. If this isn’t for you, then you can always join our mailing list to receive our newsletter with helpful tips and advice on all levels of health, fitness and nutrition.
Until next time,